Tender Glazed Pork Chops
—Miss Judith Wiezorek, Gainesville, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder and oregano; sprinkle over pork chops. In a small saucepan, combine the apricot preserves, lemon juice and lime juice; cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until preserves are melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chops; generously brush apricot glaze over cooked pork. Cook 8-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining glaze. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pork chops and remaining glaze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, turning occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.