Tender Cranberry Oat Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- 1. In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (3/4 pound, 8 slices).
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a West Bend brand Just for Dinner bread machine. This machine makes a 3/4-pound loaf. Recipe should not be doubled for use in a larger machine.
2 slices: 192 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.