Tender Cranberry Oat Bread
In search of flavorful recipes for your small bread machine? Try this tender loaf from Dorothy Gilmore of Elburn, Illinois. Cinnamon and tangy dried cranberries make it perfect for cold-weather mornings or afternoon tea.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes1 loaf (3/4 pound, 8 slices)
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a West Bend brand Just for Dinner bread machine. This machine makes a 3/4-pound loaf. Recipe should not be doubled for use in a larger machine.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 192 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Oat Bread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.