Tender Cranberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Fold in sour cream. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in sour cream. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 7, 2015
I have made these often and then lost the recipe. Searched on line until I found this one and said "yes, this is the one, because it has you folding in the sour cream in 2 different places in the recipe". This really needs to be corrected.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.