Tender Country Ribs Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add ribs, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Remove ribs to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain liquid; skim fat. Serve sauce with ribs. Yield: 6 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 433 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1445mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Tender Country Ribs
"easy to make, and my family enjoyed it. I wasn't wowed by it, though, it seemed a bit boring."