Tender Cinnamon Nut Loaf Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Separate biscuits; flatten slightly. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of nut mixture on one side of each biscuit; fold other side over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Forming five rows, arrange biscuits folded side down in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Spoon remaining nut mixture over top.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm bread. Cut into slices or pull apart. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 154 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Tender Cinnamon Nut Loaf
"Very easy and tasty. Make sure to flatten biscuits before filling."
"really good and delish!!"