Tender Cinnamon Nut Loaf
"This tender bread is delicious along and even better spread with cream cheese or butter," writes Debbie Purdue from her Freeland, Michigan kitchen. "It tastes like you spent a lot of time fussing , but it's made with convenient refrigerated biscuits."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Separate biscuits; flatten slightly. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of nut mixture on one side of each biscuit; fold other side over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Forming five rows, arrange biscuits folded side down in a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Spoon remaining nut mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm bread. Cut into slices or pull apart.