Tender Chicken Pockets
I wanted to make lunches more interesting, so I created this recipe that's now a favorite of ours. Try it with a fruit salad on the side. —Beth Woodard, Jamestown, North Carolina.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chicken, water and bouillon. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise if desired on the inside of each pita half. Fill with lettuce, cucumber, chicken and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 396 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 984mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Tender Chicken Pockets in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008