- 1/2 to 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- In a small skillet, brown beef and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and mustard; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine the flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with beef. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTender Beef over Noodles
"I've been making this recipe since 2009 and I'm making it again tomorrow. I love it!!"
"The beef was tender but the sauce had too much of a ketchup taste to it"
"Uck..this is the first recipe that i have not like..at taste of home.To sweet,i could not eat it."
"My boyfriend and I tried this dish on a whimb it is very different but different in a good way that will keep you coming back for seconds."
"More of a mild bbq flavor, sweet. It was not what I was looking for. Wasted a lot of good beef on this one.If you like that bbq flavor with noodles, I guess it would be all right."
"Flavor was too sweet, even after cutting the brown sugar in half."
"very good and very simple. we had lots of leftovers but they got eaten up quickly!"
"this dish was very good.i made this for dinner one night, three youngsters gobbled it down and wanted more. its a keeper."