- 1 pound lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the beef is tender. Stir in the tomato sauce; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with the cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forTender Beef 'n' Bean Stew
"Used RoTel in place of the diced tomatoes and omitted olives (we don't like). I thought it could've used a more substantial amount of rice but overall had nice flavor!"
"I make this all the time. . . Fast easy prep, I even just take the stew meat from the freezer to the crock pot if I forget to take it out. Making it tonight can hardly wait!"
"After this stew was cooked, I put it in a casserole dish, poured cornbread batter over it and baked it in the oven until the cornbread was done. We loved it!!!"
"This has become one of my standard slow cooker recipes. Everyone loves it."
"I really like the new website. Everything is easier to see. There is one thing I would like to see is, what goes along with the recipe, yourthinking of serving."
"I'm sorry to see the changes you've made in your web site. Last week when I was looking for recipes I had a great time and found several I wanted. Tonight I have been frustrated at nearly every turn. What happened to your old, easy to navigate site????"