- 1 boneless beef top round roast (about 4 pounds), halved
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides over medium-high heat; drain. transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the juice, tomato sauce, onion, vinegar, salt, ginger and cinnamon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices until well combined. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until the meat is tender and gravy begins to thicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTender Bavarian Pot Roast
"Outstanding! Meat was fork-tender and gravy was top-notch!"
"I made this in the Crock Pot on Sunday and the house smelled delicious! I thought that the flavor was just OK. It smelled better than it tasted. It was overall too sweet. If I do it again, I will cut down on the juice and add some diced tomatoes or some other veggie to the pot."
"My sisiter's Birthday dinner- Yummo!"
"luv this delicious dinner,"
"Very different taste than what we're used to; my husband and I loved it!"
"This is by far the best roast I have ever made. It disappeared quick. It was moist and tender...it melted in your mouth. And the sauce had a really great flavor. We even used the sauce on the potatoes and veggies that I roasted!"
"This is an incredibly moist roast with a rich savory gravy. It is incredibly easy to make but is packed with a depth of flavor. I would recommend this to anyone!"
"Very dry meat--Tast is so so."
"Re: Bavarian Pot RoastWHAT MAKES THIS "BAVARIAN"???"