- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- Rub ribs with oil. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne; rub over ribs. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Seal the edges of foil. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and beer; set aside.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour. Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place over direct heat; baste with sauce mixture. Grill 20 minutes or until meat is tender, turning and basting occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTender Baby Back Ribs
"These ribs are delicious! Tender and juicy, I made over the weekend and did everything just as the recipe said. Definitely a keeper!"
"These were delicious! Everyone loved them."
"I had to modify the recipe a bit, so the rating it more for the rub and the addition of beer to the BBQ sauce. The rub made the ribs delicious, though I have a couple of big babies in the house so I did reduce the paprika for spicy reasons. I only had spareribs, and since they need to be cooked just a little differently, I rubbed the ribs with the spice, wrapped them in foil, and popped them into the oven at 275 degrees for two hours, then grilled over low heat for 30 -40 minutes until the meat reached the right temp. Awesome!"
"This is our go-to recipe for ribs...it is SO yummy! I use smoked paprika and cook them in the foil for 1 hour 45 minutes on indirect heat (charcoal grill) and then over the coals for about 15 minutes. They fall off the bone and are flavored perfectly. Everyone who had tried them, loves them!"
"a different taste than the usual ribs that you are used to. would make again."
"The paprika was very over powering. I halved the cayenne and black pepper and it was still too spicy for my kids (and me!)."
"Settle down ladies for 2 ribs they have 234 calories plus the BBQ sauce which doesn't have much. So enjoy. I'm making these this weekend. Yumm"
"awesome, soooo good and fall off the bones.... yummy!!!!!!! Ginger"
"oth my huband and I did not like the flavor of this not much taste at all, added a few thing of my own then it was better."
"Why anyone would rate this recipe a 1 star without first taking the time to try them is beyond me. I could understand if they tried them and hated the recipe, but voting it down because of nutritional content is retarded. I made these ribs today, and they were AWESOME!!! We had company, so I doubled the recipe, but other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. I had 4 racks of ribs, and I believe I had 4 ribs left. I've already put them in a container and hidden them in the refrigerator. Never have I had ribs disappear as fast as these baby's did. If you want a "so good you'll hide the leftover's from company" good rib recipe, then this is the recipe for you."