These melt-in-your mouth morsels are sure to woo your truelove...and anyone else who has a sweet tooth! Our Test Kitchen staff came up with the recipe for the silky smooth truffles.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form around the edge of pan, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add extract, candy bars and semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Press plastic wrap onto surface of mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 12 balls; roll in nuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 96 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Tempting Truffles in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.