Teddy Carrot Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 jar (4 ounces) carrot baby food
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons whole milk
- 24 cinnamon bear-shaped crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine the baby foods, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Add enough to milk to achieve desired consistency. Place a dollop of frosting on each bar; top with a bear-shaped graham cracker.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 135 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 12, 2013
These bars were very good, my two daughters are very fussy, and they couldn't get enough!
Aug 23, 2010
I'm making this for the second time. It's a big hit! (And adorable too!!)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.