Teddy Carrot Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 jar (4 ounces) carrot baby food
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons whole milk
- 24 cinnamon bear-shaped crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine the baby foods, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Add enough to milk to achieve desired consistency. Place a dollop of frosting on each bar; top with a bear-shaped graham cracker.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 135 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 12, 2013
These bars were very good, my two daughters are very fussy, and they couldn't get enough!
Aug 23, 2010
I'm making this for the second time. It's a big hit! (And adorable too!!)