- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Raisins (2 for each roll)
- White frosting
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, egg, salt and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. For each bear, shape a 2-in. ball for the body. Add a 1-1/4-in. ball for the head and six 1/2-in. balls for the ears, arms and legs. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Add raisins for eyes, anchoring with a dab of frosting. Add a frosting smile.
- In a small bowl, beat honey butter ingredients until fluffy. Chill; serve with rolls. Yield: about 10 rolls (1-1/4 cups butter).
Reviews forTeddy Bear Rolls
"taste good and fun to make. Don't forget the honey butter!"
"We made these for a teddy bear picnic for all my nieces and nephews. After the picnic, all the kids painted pots for their grandma's 80th birthday. The kids loved them."