I love the fresh flavors, colors and convenience of this dish. It adds fun to a workday lunch without adding inches to the waistline or putting a dent in the food budget. This can be served immediately or chilled in the morning and eaten at lunch time! It's delicious with baked tortilla chips or spooned over grilled chicken.—Ellen Finger, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained and quartered
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, honey, salt and cayenne. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve with baked chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 56 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Teacher's Caviar in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3