Tea Party Cucumber Sandwiches
These tasty little sandwiches do not get soggy. They are light and refreshing. My wife and I made them for a Queen's birthday tea we hosted. —Chuck Hinz, Parma, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 10 thin slices whole wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened
- Watercress sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, lemon juice, oil, salt, sugar and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter; cut each into four squares. Drain cucumber and pat dry; place two cucumber slices on each square. Garnish with watercress.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 51 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Cucumber Sandwiches in Taste of Home April/May 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.