Taylor Hicks’ Gooey Mac and Cheese
Recipe provided by Taylor Hicks
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Boil the pasta in a 2-quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7-9 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheeses (reserve 1/4 cup of the cheddar). Stir until the cheeses melt.
- Add the sour cream, salt, milk, mustard, garlic powder and pepper to the butter/cheese mixture and stir well. Then add drained pasta and mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish coated with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Originally published as Gooey Cheesy Pasta in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.