VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Boil the pasta in a 2-quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7-9 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheeses (reserve 1/4 cup of the cheddar). Stir until the cheeses melt.
- Add the sour cream, salt, milk, mustard, garlic powder and pepper to the butter/cheese mixture and stir well. Then add drained pasta and mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish coated with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taylor Hicks' Gooey Mac and Cheese in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013
Reviews forTaylor Hicks' Gooey Mac and Cheese
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2013
"The goat cheese and breadcrumb topping are awesome!"