Tater Tot-chos Recipe
- 4 cups frozen miniature Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Bake Tater Tots according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. To serve, top Tater Tots with beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and, if desired, olives. Serve with taco sauce and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 375 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Tater Tot-chos
"Was a very good dish. Everybody enjoyed the meal. Not very good for left overs."
"Super fun idea & tasty!- Theresa"
"This is both good and simple, very easy to adapt to various tastes. I'm a fan of tater-tots because they're gluten-free. (I think the only thing I haven't put either over or under tots is spaghetti sauce and I'll probably try that, too.)"
"Great recipe.Increase the meat & cheese, add some onion & black beans."
"Very easy and adaptable to what you have on hand. Husband really enjoyed it!"
"This was a neat idea, we used more meat than stated and added some chiken. Some rolled them up like meat and potato burritos. We might do this again, it wasn't a huge hit."
"These were okay, but my family ended up adding the tater tots inside our soft shell tacos. We will stick with our regular tacos instead of adding the extra work/dishes of tater tots. Thanks for the idea though!"
"These were delicious! My whole family loved them even though my husband wasn't sure at first they are now one of his favorite meals."
"This recipe was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed it; however, I could not find miniature tater tots anywhere. Is there a particular brand one needs to get? Checked several stores and nobody had them. The regular size tots worked okay but I can see how a miniature version might be better."