- 3/4 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, beans, corn, 1 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder, seasoned salt and cayenne. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews forTater Tot Casseroles
"So on this recipe you had me at tater tot's, very good recipe, i like flavor to jump out just a little bit more, so I'm going to make this again, and as I noticed there was not a lot of spice to it I added some Mrs. Dash the first time around which I will do again but add even more in with the meat mixture, ground pepper on top of the tater tot's will help bring more flavor and instead of the frozen green beans which I found to still kind of have a frozen taste to them, I think I'll go with the Can Green beans, and also add some chopped bell pepper with the onion, I think this will make the flavor pop A tad bit more, thanks for the recipe, got a love those tater tot's??.... I will be making seven of these casseroles this coming week to take to A church get together, I'm thinking this will be a winner??"
"I made this delicious recipe last weekend It s absolutely out of this world. I froze half of it. Hoping it will be as good or better. Don't change to much or you will miss this DELISH dish....."
"My husband loved this! I used white cheddar (I don't used foods colored with Annatto) and frozen corn and frozen peas, thawed (instead of canned corn and frozen green beans). My grown sons each took home half a casserole. A definite keeper!"
"Fantastic, freezes well and lends itself to easy adaptations with different spices."
"This was great! I made a couple of changes as well. Instead of cayenne pepper, I used pepper jack cheese. We don't like frozen beans so I used 1 can whole kernal corn, 1 cream style and a large can of mushrooms. Yum! Thank you for a really good new favorite."
"Great flavor and easy!"
"Made this a few nights ago delicious! My brother said it was the best tater tot casserole he'd ever had before."
"Yum! I used all sweet Italian sausage and it was very flavorful. I just had to squeeze it out of its casings. I also used frozen corn (thawed) & skim milk and that worked fine.~ Theresa"