"We enjoy snacking on these homemade tater treats after a long day of hard work on our farm," informs Shelley Mitchell of Baldur, Manitoba. "The addition of ham and cheese is a pleasant surprise."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Combine potatoes, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, onion, mustard, salt and pepper; shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in cornflakes. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 131 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.