Tater-Dipped Veggies Recipe
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 4 to 5 cups raw bite-size vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and/or parboiled carrots)
- Prepared ranch salad dressing or dip, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, celery salt, garlic powder and butter. In another bowl, beat eggs. Dip vegetables, one at a time, into egg, then into potato mixture; coat well.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Serve with dressing or dip if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 125 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Tater-Dipped Veggies
"This is a fun one to have kids help out with. They like to be the "dippers" and it's a good way to get them to eat their veggies without deep frying them. In addition to Ranch, the kids I had try it really liked ketchup as a dipping sauce."