Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 4 to 5 cups raw bite-sized vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and/or parboiled carrots)
- Prepared ranch salad dressing or dip, optional
- In a small bowl, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, celery salt, garlic powder and butter. In another bowl, beat eggs. Dip each vegetable piece, into egg, then into potato mixture; coat well.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Serve with dressing or dip if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 159 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 20, 2019
Time consuming with the breading. Agree that it is a good recipe for kids to help. Ran out of the coating before I reached 4 cups. Next time I will try not adding the melted butter to the coating and drizzling it over the veggies before they go in the oven. Used marinara as a dipping sauce.
Jan 25, 2018
Good one for dinner
Sep 16, 2011
This is a fun one to have kids help out with. They like to be the "dippers" and it's a good way to get them to eat their veggies without deep frying them. In addition to Ranch, the kids I had try it really liked ketchup as a dipping sauce.