- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped stuffed green olives
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, reduced sodium preferred
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and potato flakes; cut in butter until crumbly. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is just moist enough to hold together. Press pastry over bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Flute edge. Reserve 1/2 cup onions; set aside. Sprinkle remaining onions into pastry shell.
- In medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients except 1/2 cup of cheese. Spoon tuna filling into pastry crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with reserved cheese and onions; bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forTater Crust Tuna Pie
"This is an easy-to-make, very tasty recipe. Substituting yellow, red, & green pepper for the olives adds color and a slightly different flavor. Great for Lenten meals!"
"I'd blame the olives: they are LOADED with sodium.....or if you didn't use the reduced-sodium soup, the combo of the two was too much for your other ingredients."
"I made this recipe today and found it too salty. My husband liked it, but what went wrong?"