Tater Brat Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (1-1/4 pounds) uncooked bratwurst links
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine bratwurst and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° Drain and cut into 1/4-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown brats in butter over medium-high heat; drain on paper towels.
- Spoon sauerkraut into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with brats. Combine soup and milk; drizzle over brats. Top with Tater Tots. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 792 calories, 54g fat (20g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 2459mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Dec 7, 2014
We love this dish! Usually substitute chicken brats & forgo the beer/butter frying (I prefer drinking my beers). It's a nice comfort food dish, perfect for football Sundays.
Jan 8, 2014
We LOVED this recipe! We used cheddar venison brats instead and it was very good!!
Feb 2, 2011
Yum! Will definitely make this again. I did not rinse the sauerkraut, just drained it. It really has a lot of flavor in each bite.
Feb 24, 2010
Awesome! Not a big fan of traditional tater tot casseroles but this one is wonderful especially with my Dad's homemade kraut!
Jun 16, 2009
Simple to make - very good. I've made this several times already - also added onion when simmering the brats.