- 1 package (1-1/4 pounds) Johnsonville® Original Brats
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine bratwurst and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° Drain and cut into 1/4-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown brats in butter over medium-high heat; drain on paper towels.
- Spoon sauerkraut into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with brats. Combine soup and milk; drizzle over brats. Top with Tater Tots. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTater Brat Bake
"We love this dish! Usually substitute chicken brats & forgo the beer/butter frying (I prefer drinking my beers). It's a nice comfort food dish, perfect for football Sundays."
"We LOVED this recipe! We used cheddar venison brats instead and it was very good!!"
"Yum! Will definitely make this again. I did not rinse the sauerkraut, just drained it. It really has a lot of flavor in each bite."
"Awesome! Not a big fan of traditional tater tot casseroles but this one is wonderful especially with my Dad's homemade kraut!"
"Simple to make - very good. I've made this several times already - also added onion when simmering the brats."