Tater Beef Pie
Leftovers of this meaty pie reheat nicely, so my husband and I can enjoy savory slices for a few days. Onion soup mix gives great flavor.—Dorothy Presse, Montrose, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Dash each pepepr and ground allspice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. In a bowl, combine milk, pepper and allspice. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spoon into crust. Top with hash browns. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
To quickly thaw frozen hash browns, place them in a microwave-safe-dish. Cover and microwave at 50% more power for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring once or twice until thawed.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 505 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Tater Beef Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.