Tasty Tuna Turnovers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (7 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, egg, celery and mayonnaise; set aside. Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Top each with tuna mixture and cheese. Fold in half; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 275 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2011
My husband really liked these; I didn't so much. We made a full recipe of the filling, but only had 1 roll of crescent rolls. The filling made enough to fill 5 turnovers to capacity; I wouldn't fill them any less, or you just get crescent rolls in some bites.