Tasty Tuna Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 process American cheese slices
- 6 thin tomato slices
- 6 bread slices
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Place one cheese slice, two tomato slices and 1/3 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread; top with remaining cheese slices and bread. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 507 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 7, 2016
This is a go to recipe for me. I sometimes substitute Havarti Cheese and use Chiabata bread and grill it in a panni press.
Aug 23, 2014
Yummy, loved the why this recipe spiced up a tuna sandwich!