Celebrate the season in Southwest style with these tasty pinwheel roll-ups. They're simple to make, easy for guests to handle and look colorful on a serving tray or buffet table.
Recommended: 50 Recipes We're Cooking Right Now
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies or jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Stir in green onions, green chilies, olives pimientos, pecans and garlic powder. Spread over tortillas. Roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2-in. pieces. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tasty Tortilla Roll-ups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p33