Celebrate the season in Southwest style with these tasty pinwheel roll-ups. They're simple to make, easy for guests to handle and look colorful on a serving tray or buffet table.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies or jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Stir in green onions, green chilies, olives pimientos, pecans and garlic powder. Spread over tortillas. Roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2-in. pieces. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tasty Tortilla Roll-ups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p33