Tasty Tortilla Roll-Ups
Celebrate the season in southwestern style with these tasty pinwheel roll-ups. Simple to make, they look colorful on a serving tray or buffet table and are easy for guests to handle. —J. O'Neall, Westminster, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies or jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Stir in green onions, green chilies, olives pimientos, pecans and garlic powder. Spread over tortillas. Roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2-in. pieces.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Tasty Tortilla Roll-ups in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.