Tasty Shrimp Penne
"This is a healthy meal that's nice enough for company," relates Dena Winner from Lansdale, Pennsylvania. "Everybody asks for seconds." Tip: "To make it more colorful, choose a variety of veggies," she suggests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup each chopped broccoli, zucchini and carrot
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the vegetables during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the shrimp, garlic and basil in oil for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Drain pasta and vegetables; stir into shrimp mixture. Add feta cheese, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 178 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 10, 2011
This is excellent. The only change I made was increasing the shrimp to 3/4 lb.
Oct 21, 2009
I have made this recipe smany times since 2005. It is a family favorite. Only I have to double the recipe for my family of 4.
Jul 21, 2008
4 WW points/serving