Tasty Shrimp Penne
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup each chopped broccoli, zucchini and carrot
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the vegetables during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the shrimp, garlic and basil in oil for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Drain pasta and vegetables; stir into shrimp mixture. Add feta cheese, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 178 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2011
This is excellent. The only change I made was increasing the shrimp to 3/4 lb.
Oct 21, 2009
I have made this recipe smany times since 2005. It is a family favorite. Only I have to double the recipe for my family of 4.
Jul 21, 2008
4 WW points/serving