Tasty Reuben Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa, halved and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until cabbage and noodles are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 125 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2013
My 10 year old grandson loves soup, and so does the whole family.
Jan 29, 2013
Such a simple recipe, with a lot of flavor. I changed the pasta to a 5 carb pasta. Lower carbs...
Jan 20, 2012
This recipe has such a unique taste. My whole family has enjoyed it; in fact we have added it to our winter list of favorites.
Nov 20, 2011
This was wonderful--will definitely make again. The only thing I did differently was brown the onion and some minced garlic in a little butter, then deglazed with some white wine before adding the broth. Fabulous and so quick.
Apr 29, 2010
A really delicious flavor, easy to make and a hit in our small group!
Feb 27, 2010
Oct 27, 2009
Served with cornbread, this has become one of my family's favorite cold weather dishes. Using pre-shreded cabbage has made it a snap to prepare.
Jan 6, 2009
this soup is very good and filling