"I discovered this cheesy side dish casserole when I was invited to a barbecue," recalls Jane Carlovsky of Delton, Michigan. "Tit's a time-save because there's no need to peel the potatoes."
Recommended: 25 Easy Summer Side Dishes For The Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 medium potatoes, baked and cubed
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper or pimientos
- 2 slices bread, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt or onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place potato cubes in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with cheese. In a bowl, combine the onion, red pepper, bread cubes, onion salt and garlic salt. Sprinkle over potatoes and cheese. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Potato Bake in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p53