Tasty Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion for 2-3 minutes. Add orange juice mixture; cook and stir until heated through. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.