Tasty Mozzarella Chicken Recipe
This amazingly easy chicken dish is sure to be a family favorite after just one taste. Try tomato and basil spaghetti sauce, garlic and herb or whatever you have on hand. -Nancy Foust of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Mozzarella Chicken
Reviewed May. 15, 2010 Edited Sep. 12, 2016
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC