This amazingly easy chicken dish is sure to be a family favorite after just one taste. Try tomato and basil spaghetti sauce, garlic and herb or whatever you have on hand. -Nancy Foust of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 23 Favorite Italian Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Mozzarella Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p64
Reviews forTasty Mozzarella Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2010 Edited Sep. 12, 2016