Tasty Mozzarella Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Oct 18, 2019
Family favorite!! I use onion soup, everything as is. It’s a w inner every time. Thank you for this recipe!
May 31, 2016
Delicious! I served this simple chicken with spaghetti on the side. The onion soup mix definitely gave it an extra boost of flavor.
May 15, 2010
This is a wonder recipe. I have made it several times. It is also great the next day for lunch. To cut out carbs and calories, I just roll the chicken in the dry onion soup and bake. I also do not use the mushrooms and it is still as good as the original.
Oct 9, 2008
I am not a fan of Chicken Parmesan, but thought I would try this. It was delicious, and I will definitely make it again. My husband really like it, too! I used a whole jar of spaghetti sauce, though, and that gave more sauce for the pasta I served with it.