- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chili powder and cumin. Stuff into manicotti shells.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and chilies if desired; pour over manicotti. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTasty Mexican Manicotti
"I have made this twice. The first time I made it, I followed the recipe and it was very good. The second time I used chorizo sausage and eliminated the cumin and chili powder and I thought it was even better. My friend thought I should have left in the spices plus the spicier sausage but then again, he is Mexican and likes a LOT of kick!"