Tasty Meatball Sub Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free turkey gravy
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add turkey; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs, turning frequently. Add onion and mushrooms; cook until onion is tender. Add gravy; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 958mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jun 2, 2009
Since I had a pound of ground beef in freezer, thought I'd try this dish using it. Made beef gravy, threw small can of mushrooms in with it, and served over mashed potatoes. Delicious!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.