Tasty Maryland Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat or 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients. Fold in crab.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Drop 1/3 cup crab mixture into crumbs; shape into a 3/4-in. thick patty. Carefully turn to coat. Repeat with remaining crab mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in butter for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2019
Way too salty, unable to form patties because it was so runny. Poured like batter.
Feb 26, 2013
This is NOT a review. WHY are some reviewers complaining about runny mixture? Egg size used different? What size of egg should be used?
Jan 6, 2013
The first time I made it with immitation crab and it was tasty. Second time I made it with real canned crab and it turned out good too.
Mar 28, 2012
Very runny, Took so many breadcrumbs to hold the mixture together that's all I could taste. Way too much salt, too.
Jul 24, 2011
I followed this recipe exactly and wondered about the 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs, the mixture was very runny and all in all I believe I went through at least 1/1/2 cups of crumbs to get the job done. Flavor was just ok to me.
Jan 23, 2011
These were sooooo good! I used some old bay seasoning in the mix and a drop of Tabasco. I also used spicy brown mustard instead of reg prepared.
Dec 11, 2010
Our family really liked it. I used Panko for bread crumbs, and added chopped cilantro. Yummy!