Marinated Vegetable Salad is from Rachael Montague of Sebastopol, California. "When my family went to visit my grandmother in Nebraska, she made easy-to-prepare dishes while we were there. One of them was this colorful salad. It was such a hit, I asked for the recipe before I left."
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 25 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p54
Reviews forTasty Marinated Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2009
"Delicious! I used 1/3c sugar and 1/3c non-calorie sweetner to reduce calories. Adults and children liked it."