Tasty Maple Pumpkin Pie
Add an extra layer of flavor to your pumpkin pie by using maple! It is so tasty and will fit in your holiday menu perfectly.—Vivian Colwell, Goshen, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.