Tasty Italian Burgers
The best flavors of Italy are celebrated in these tempting turkey burgers—pesto, basil, tomato and mozzarella. Grill some up for an international cookout.—Sharon Novin, Northridge, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In a large bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and garlic. Crumble turkey and turkey sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Brush buns with oil; grill, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with pesto, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and basil.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 515 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Italian Burgers in Country Woman June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.