Tasty Italian Burgers
The best flavors of Italy are celebrated in these tempting turkey burgers—pesto, basil, tomato and mozzarella. Grill some up for an international cookout.—Sharon Novin, Northridge, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In a large bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and garlic. Crumble turkey and turkey sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Brush buns with oil; grill, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with pesto, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and basil.