Tasty Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) Add New Ingredient (condensed vegetarian vegetable soup), undiluted
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes and onion. Crumble beef over onion. Spread soups over beef. Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with chips. Bake 20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 336 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Hamburger Casserole
"This was okay. I didn't make a full recipe as that would have been too much for us. I didn't have the vegetarian vegetable soup, so I only used the cream of mushroom soup. I browned the beef before adding to the casserole, and I added garlic to the beef. This took well over 1-1/2 hours to bake. It was okay, but I don't think I will make it again."
"Do you cooked the ground beef first"
"I enjoy making hearty casseroles such as this. We're empty nesters, so when making casseroles, there is always enough to make 2 meals out of one, which saves tight budget money. K."
"I LIKE THE INGREDIENTS, HOWEVER I WILL PRE-COOK THE POTATOES AND THE HAMBURGER. I WILL ALSO ADD MIXED VEGGIES INSTEAD OF THE VEG soup."
"Probably because most search engines search for words that are within results. "Vegetarian Vegetable soup" is one of the ingredients, hence why it shows up in results when you search for "vegetarian". It's not that big a deal."
"WHY IS THIS RECIPE IN THE VEGETARIAN SECTION?IT ISN'T VEGETARIAN! I AM SO DISSAPPOINTED! FIX YOUR RECIPE SITE PLEASE!"
"When I did a search for vegetarian, this came up. Needless to say it definately isn't vegetarian."