Tasty Green Bean Bake
I clipped this recipe out of a newspaper more than 20 years ago. It's tasty as well as nutritious. I've never seen a similar dish at any of the potlucks we've attended.—Marion Muller, Bradenton, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 162 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 917mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Tasty Green Bean Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.