Tasty Eggs for Two
"I found this tasty stovetop recipe while looking for something quick to fix for dinner," recalls Deb Cornelius of Grant, Nebraska. "My teenager son, who can be a picky eater, really likes the combination of hash browns, ham and broccoli, so I make it frequently."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed, optional
- In a skillet, cook the potatoes and onion in butter over medium heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add broccoli; cook until tender. Stir in ham.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, lemon-pepper and dill if desired. Pour over potato mixture; cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are completely set, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 359 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 475mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Tasty Eggs for Two in Quick Cooking May/June 1999