Tasty Cranberry Meatballs
Whether you serve them as appetizers or the main course, these tasty meatballs shared by Nina Hall of Citrus Heights, California are sure to be popular. Cranberry and chili sauces give them extra sweetness. TIP: “These taste very good over egg noodles,” Nina suggests.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, parsley and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In another bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and lemon juice. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is no longer pink.