- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, butter, garlic salt, basil and oregano. Add chicken and mushrooms. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese and wine; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTasty Chicken Marsala
"Not just bad - it's terrible! Followed the recipe to the letter and was rewarded with something that looked like it had already been eaten and, er, recycled. The cream cheese does not melt into the sauce and remains as unappetizing lumps. Tastes a little better than it looks, but not much. Sorry to be so harsh, but I want to save someone else from wasting their money on the ingredients as I did."
"Great recipe, good flavor, I make this dish at least twice a month."
"This recipe was so easy and my family enjoyed it. I followed it exactly as written. We served it over rice. Recipe will be used on a regular basis."
"This was great! Very easy and my in-laws loved it. I used fresh garlic gloves (2) and about 3 TBSP of fresh parsley instead of the oregano. I also put salt & pepper on the chicken before putting them in the slow cooker. I also added more of all the seasonings plus a extra couple of shots of the wine in the last 30-45 minutes of cooking to retain the Marsala flavor. The chicken was very tender and everyone took seconds of the sauce for the pasta. Tip: turn the slow on low as soon as you start adding the ingredients; the butter concealed while I was trimming the chicken and I had to do the 1st few ingredients again."